Psychology Club is an organization designed to provide students interested in psychology with a place to meet others with similar interests and to have activities that supplement their classroom learning. Contact the organization’s faculty adviser Dr. Janet Matthews at email@example.com.
The Loyola Psychology Club extends its membership to any Loyola University student interested in the field of psychology. The club offers students opportunities to:
- Get to know other students interested in the field of psychology
- Become better acquainted with faculty who can offer greater insight into the numerous options available in psychology
- Participate in group trips to regional and national conventions
- Involvement in service projects in the greater New Orleans community
- Expand your information network, especially regarding educational opportunities after your BA (graduate school, school, the health sciences, and social work)
We are available for any questions involving membership or activities! We hope you join!
Dr. Janet Matthews
President: Alex Watters
Psi Chi, The National Honor Society for Psychology
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Completion of at least 9 semester hours in Psychology (3 courses)
- An overall GPA of at least 3.0 or greater (and in top 35% of your respective class)
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater in Psychology courses
- Completion of 3 semesters at Loyola University
Meetings during the Semester: First Thursday of every month at 12:30. Locations to be announced.
PSI CHI National Office: www.psichi.org/
Dr. Evan Zucker