A rigorous program designed primarily for students intending to pursue graduate studies in physics or a closely related field.
A bachelor of science degree in physics with departmental honors is granted to students who have satisfied the requirements outlined below, obtained a grade point average of 3.0 or better in physics and math, and completed a thesis based on their senior year research.
- PHYS A101 Introduction to Mechanics
- PHYS A103 Mechanics Lab
- PHYS A102 Introduction to Electromagnetism
- PHYS A104 Electricity and Magnetism Lab
- PHYS A240 Introduction to Waves and Quantum Physics
- PHYS A241 Introduction to Thermal Physics
- PHYS A340 Classical Mechanics
- PHYS A350 Electromagnetism
- PHYS A445 Advanced Laboratory Physics
- PHYS A450 Quantum Mechanics
- Plus three physics electives
Physics course information
Find out more about the physics major: